MOPS and MOMSnext
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS exists to meet the needs of every mom - urban, suburban, and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single, and married moms - moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy to kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs. Mothers often feel secluded and alone, MOPS helps to solve that. Come and join a tribe of women who are all in the same season of life.
- Theme for MOPS 2016-2017: We are the Starry Eyed. Starry Eyed means looking for the light even when darkness is enveloping. It is an opportunity to hope recklessly and to witness God’s presence guiding things seen and unseen, comfortable and uncomfortable. Key verse: "Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it… 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' " (Jeremiah 33:2-3)
- Annual Registration will open on May 15th; spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis, and space is limited. You may join mid-year though if there are spots open. Contact email@example.com for details on registration.
- Meeting schedule: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 9-11am from September through May.
- What to expect: Moms share a hot breakfast and socialize together, listen to a devotion and a speaker on a topic that is pertinent to moms, and have discussion time in small groups. Some meetings are designated as craft day or spa day.
- MOPPETS (childcare program) is a preschool-like program for children age 0 through kindergarten. They participate in circle time, crafts, songs, stories and free play each meeting.
- Costs: Costs: $24.95 registration fee for MOPS International membership. Local dues of $40 per semester will be collected in the fall and spring. Scholarships are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current costs or details on scholarships.
- Contact information: email@example.com
Any mother with a child kindergarten aged or younger is eligible to join MOPS at Lawrence Free Methodist Church. Pregnant women may also join MOPS before the birth of their baby. Social activities are also planned each month outside of the Tuesday meetings (including during the Summer).
If you are interested in joining MOPS, have questions, or would like to volunteer with the MOPPETS program, please contact the MOPS coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOMSnext is a ministry of MOPS International (Mothers of Preschoolers). MOPS International believes that Better Moms Make a Better World. This is true during the preschool years and beyond. As mothers enter the school years, new challenges and issues arise, but the need for community and hope remains. For this reason, MOMSnext, a ministry to mothers of school-age kids, was started.
MOMSnext is an open, accepting place for all mothers of school-age kids to come, just as they are, to experience authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. MOMSnext will encourage, equip and develop moms in the next phase of mothering.
Theme for MOMSnext 2016-2017: We are the Starry Eyed. Starry Eyed is…
- Seeing the light in the darkness and choosing to live courageously in both.
- It is opening our eyes to wonder and choosing hope over fear.
- Starry Eyed is significant acts of kindness that send ripples of light into the world.
- It is a choice to live fully and wholly and to breathe our way back to life.
- If you feel anxious and don’t know why …
- If you are busy and distracted from the things you truly care about …
- If you are restless for an unexpected encounter with God …
- If you long to feel alive, to regain a sense of wonder, to hope a little freer and to be a powerful force of kindness in the world, then we’d love for you to join us in becoming Starry Eyed.
This year we will run wildly toward wonder, hope and kindness because We Are the Starry Eyed and we choose to see the light.
- Annual Registration will open on May 15; spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis. You may join mid-year though if there are spots open. Contact email@example.com for details on registration.
- Meeting schedule: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 1-2:30pm from September through May.
- What to expect: Moms visit, watch a short video on a topic relevant to moms with school aged kids, and have discussion time in small groups.
- Costs: $24.95 MOPS International registration fee to be added to the group. Local dues are $20 per semester, collected in the fall and spring. Scholarships may be available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current costs or details on scholarships.
- Contact information: email@example.com