MOPS and MOMSnext
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS exists to meet the needs of every mom - urban, suburban, and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single, and married moms - moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy to kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs. Mothers often feel secluded and alone, MOPS helps to solve that. Come and join a tribe of women who are all in the same season of life.
- Theme for MOPS 2018-2019: FIND YOUR FIRE.
FNever let the fire go out … When you hope, be joyful. When you suffer, be patient. When you pray, be faithful. Share with God’s people who are in need. Welcome others into your homes. – Romans 12:11-13 (NIrV)
Sisters, this is a year we will tend the fire in our hearts.
We will stop inhaling the fumes of our mistakes that tell us we are not enough, not a good enough mom, not pretty enough, not brave enough, not smart enough, not wealthy enough. Instead, we will choose to tend our God-given fire. We will love our children with an all-consuming love and use our words to warm the world. We will hold the torch up high and shed light on what matters most.
When our homes feel cold, we’ll light a fire.
When a friend has lost her spark, we’ll fan her flame.
When the world seems dark, we will be an ember of hope.
In order to do this we will:
- LIVE EXPECTANTLY: This is the bold reminder to think about what could go right.
- SURRENDER DARINGLY: This is the bold reminder to let things go.
- BREATHE FREELY: This is the bold reminder to let yourself be loved.
MAY THIS BE THE YEAR YOU FIND YOUR FIRE
Check out this video about this year's MOPS theme: https://vimeo.com/262463121
- Annual Registration will open on May 15; spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis, and space is limited. You may join mid-year though if there are spots open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on registration.
- Meeting schedule: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 9-11am from September through May.
- What to expect: Moms share a hot breakfast and socialize together, listen to a devotion and a speaker on a topic that is pertinent to moms, and have discussion time in small groups. Some meetings are designated as craft day or spa day.
- MOPS Kids (childcare program) is a preschool-like program for children age 0 through kindergarten. They participate in circle time, crafts, songs, stories and free play each meeting.
- Costs: Costs: $31.95 registration fee for MOPS International membership. Local dues of $40 per semester will be collected in the fall and spring. Scholarships are available. Contact email@example.com for current costs or details on scholarships.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any mother with a child kindergarten aged or younger is eligible to join MOPS at Lawrence Free Methodist Church. Pregnant women may also join MOPS before the birth of their baby. Social activities are also planned each month outside of the Tuesday meetings (including during the Summer).
If you are interested in joining MOPS, have questions, or would like to volunteer with the MOPS Kids program, please contact the MOPS coordinator at: email@example.com.
MOMSnext is a ministry of MOPS International (Mothers of Preschoolers). MOPS International believes that Better Moms Make a Better World. This is true during the preschool years and beyond. As mothers enter the school years, new challenges and issues arise, but the need for community and hope remains. For this reason, MOMSnext, a ministry to mothers of school-age kids, was started.
MOMSnext is an open, accepting place for all mothers of school-age kids to come, just as they are, to experience authentic community, personal growth, practical help, and spiritual hope. MOMSnext will encourage, equip and develop moms in the next phase of mothering.
Theme for MOMSnext 2018-2019: FIND YOUR FIRE.
- Annual Registration will open on May 15; spaces will be filled on a first come, first served basis. You may join mid-year though if there are spots open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on registration.
- Meeting schedule: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 1-2:30pm from September through May.
- What to expect: Moms visit, watch a short video, or have a speaker, on a topic relevant to moms with school aged kids, and have discussion time in small groups.
- Costs: $31.95 MOPS International registration fee to be added to the group. Local dues are $15 per semester, collected in the fall and spring. Scholarships may be available. Contact email@example.com for current costs or details on scholarships.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org