MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers)
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS exists to meet the needs of every mom - urban, suburban, and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single, and married moms - moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy to kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs.
- Objective for MOPS 2013-2014: A Beautiful Mess, Embrace Your Story. Key verse: "For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10 It’s true we are a mess. And this scripture reminds us we are indeed beautiful. A Beautiful Mess.
- Annual Registration is held each August at Lawrence Free Methodist Church. You may join mid-year though, contact email@example.com for details on registration.
- Meeting schedule: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 9-11am from September through May.
- What to expect: Moms share a hot breakfast and socialize together, listen to a speaker, and have discussion time in small groups. Some meetings are designated as craft day or spa day.
- MOPPETS (childcare program) is a preschool-like program for children age 0 through kindergarten. They participate in circle time, crafts, songs, stories and free play each meeting.
- Costs: Approximately $100 total for fall and spring semester. Scholarships are available. Contactlfmmopsco@gmail.com for current costs or details on scholarships.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any mother with a child kindergarten aged or younger is eligible to join MOPS at Lawrence Free Methodist Church. Pregnant women may also join MOPS before the birth of their baby. MOPS at Lawrence Free Methodist Church meets the first and third Tuesday of each month from 9:00am-11:00amduring September through May. Social activities are also planned each month outside of the Tuesdaymeetings. (including during the summer)
If you are interested in joining MOPS, or would like to volunteer with the MOPPETS program, please contact the MOPS coordinator at: email@example.com.